This is a new cocktail designed by glo-worm percussionist (and member of Whorl / Big Jesus Trash Can / Saturday People / Castaway Stones / etc) Dan Searing, master of party ceremonies for many cf-attended events over the past two decades — read his recipe and then see the name ideas below. He is the author of the Punch Bowl…
This one is bittersweet, international and sparkling, just like Chickfactor!
Drink name TK
1 oz gin*
0.5 oz maraschino liqueur
0.25 oz fresh lemon juice
3 oz Champagne**
*I think an American craft gin like Breuckelen from New York or Small’s from Oregon work particularly well.
**Or use any dry traditional method sparkling wine such as Cava from Spain.
Stir first three ingredients with ice. Strain into a champagne flute or coupe. Top with sparkling wine and garnish with a lemon twist.
To serve as a punch chill all ingredients well. In a punch bowl combine one 750 ml bottle of gin, half a bottle of maraschino liqueur and 6 oz plus 2 tsp lemon juice and the same amount of cold water. Gently add 3 bottles of sparkling wine. Float lemon slices in the bowl and add a large chunk of ice. Serve in punch cups, timblers or coupes. To make ice chunk freeze water in a bundt or loaf pan overnight. Release by dipping or rinsing with warm water. Alternatively, fill a well rinsed paper quart container with water and freeze. Peel away container to use.
Please vote here
- Call it a chickfactor (suggested by Stephin Merritt)
- The Pam Berry? The Bubblecore? The Aviatrix? The Cat Eye Glasses? (all suggested by Daniel Handler)
(later) Yes, I love an Aviation so I thought it applied. You could call it the Earhart because if you have too much you disappear.
- The Gaylord Fields? There’s no name more delicious than that. (suggested by James McNew)
- I agree with whoever suggested on Facebook that it should be called the Jukebox Jury. (suggested by Pam Berry)
- How about calling it the Enchanté? Or the Bien Sur? The Peut-etre or the Tal vez? Or the Delovely. It sounds a lot like an Aviation with Champagne added to it in place of some gin, and lacking the creme de violette, which makes it a lovely purple tint. http://cocktails.about.com/od/ginrecipes/r/aviation_cktl.htm In other words, it sounds delicious. (suggested by Sheri Hood, who ran 4AD’s NYC office in the early days and managed Stereolab)
- La Choupette. It’s high time someone named a cocktail after Karl Lagerfeld’s cat. (suggested by Edna CF, please don’t vote for this one, I hate Karl)
- The Jukebox Jury (suggested by Mark Butler)
- The Indie Cool Queen (suggested by David Moore)
- The GailBerry (suggested by Joe The Pines) Please don’t vote for this.
- Write in the drink name here _________________________
Go to our Effbk page and message us your vote. Winner receives a smile and a wink.